Monday 1 February 2016

Generations The Legacy- Baby steps to Legendary.


Generations without the "Legacy" was an awesome show, it had awesome story lines and the the best actors in the country such as Zolisa Xaluva, Katlego Danke and Menzi Ngubane to name a few. Generation The Legacy started off badly with lackluster talent and dry story lines and maybe also my anger towards the producer for firing the previous actors. I will confess I haven't been much devoted to the show since it added "The Legacy" to its title and ground level actors to the mains but lately I have to say I have been lured in and impressed by how the show is growing. Firstly I'm glad that Jonathan(JT Medupe) actor took a hike, I just was feeling him and his character was waste of time it never built up to anything. Lately I'm impressed by Angela's(Lebogang Mthunzi) growth, Mazwi's(Musa Ngema) evolution from a humble kasi guy to a power hungry suburban bastard. If we're talking story lines I'm really amped up about Namhla(Thulisile Phongolo) and Adze's(Daniel Effiong) story, Tshidi(Letoya Makhene) and her mom and the star of the moment story line Karabo's(Connie Ferguson) hoe phase. Let's begin with Namhla and Adze. I like that they are touching on a very sensitive issue of xenophobia and the taboo of dating outside the country. I really hope that they hit at the core with this story line, I really want to see Namhla going through all the judgement of dating an African brother(I don't like using the word foreigner) and want to see Adze show that they are just as human as we are and prove the rumours wrong just to get the rest of the country to warm up to the fact that people will fall in love regardless of race, culture or nationality. At the end of it all it will be nice to see Lucy accept and apologize.



As for Tshidi and her mother, I don't know what to expect from them but I'm interested to see what other lengths is Tshidi willing to embark on to make sure the truth never gets to Tau. I have a feeling Gaddafi(Vuyo Dabula) will switch up on her, he didn't look too happy about the idea of helping Tshidi drug her mother. I feel like this is one of those story lines that will drag on for centuries(remember the abduction of Dineo, we didn't even get to see the end of that).


Eish the "hoe phase" is not an age thing moc maybe we should just accept it as human nature. I'm sure the whole nation was shaken by Karabo's idea of taking a second husband. I've been a TV addict for as long as I can remember and such a thing is what I have been waiting for. Allow me to explain myself, I'm not a feminist in fact I feel like the whole idea of feminism is conflicted, it has messed up goals, one minute feminists want to wear the pants, walk tall and play with the big boys. The next minute they want to be caressed, treated special and throw the "I'm a woman, I'm in pain" line. Fam ya just gotta' decide where you wanna' be. What I do like is evolution, innovation and challenging the norms of society and culture. I want to see how the South African audience will take to the change of game, its so normal for a man to have as many wives as he desires but how do we feel about a woman doing the same, how does it affect the men involved and their stature in society, do they suddenly become the weaklings or street cred sky rockets(which I doubt). I'm certainly keeping my eyes peeled for this.


Yiza nazo Mfundi Vundla, sibonise izonto


No comments:

Post a Comment